Friday, January 20, 2012

Alba

So, due to our lovely weather this winter my skin absolutely hates me!  Typically I have very very oily skin and I have to use toners to strip the oil off my face.  I only use a very light moisturizer, typically.  However, this winter my neck started getting super dried out, then it started getting chapped and peeling, gross right.  Well then it started on my face!  First it was just around my nose and ears, no biggy.  I bought a heavier moisturizer and cortisone cream cuz it itched like a MoFo.  Chapping spread to basically all over my face to the point that I could not even wash my face!  So I decided that it was time to change face washes and moisturizers.  The heavy moisturizer just sat on my face, it didn't soak in at all, it was like sunscreen.  So I went online to one of my favorite beauty sites, Ulta.  I've been trying to stick with a lil bit more natural products for my face so I found these  Alba Botanica Coconut Milk Facial Wash, 8-Ounce Bottle (Pack of 2)Alba Botanica Pineapple Enzyme Facial Scrub, 4-Ounce Tube (Pack of 2)Alba Botanica Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser, 8-Ounce Bottle (Pack of 2)Alba Botanicals Aloe & Green Tea Moisturizer Oil Free (1x3 OZ)
 and of course while I was shopping I also found these on sale Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Shadow - Pack Shot  Maybelline's new Tattoo 24 hr eye shadow.  I love makeup so I knew I would have to get a couple to try them out. I received all my new products last night, yay!  I used the coconut wash and pineapple scrub last night and they made my face feel so soft and hydrated!  Then I put on the moisturizer and holy cow, it just soaks right into your skin and you only have to use a little bit!  This morning I woke up and no peeling or chapped skin on my face!  And my neck is starting to feel better.  I used one of the eyeshadows this morning too so we shall see if it really holds up the full 24 hours, I'm super excited to find out.  I absolutely love face products and makeup and I'm constantly trying out new things.  So, if you're looking for a new face care line, check out Alba, they're pretty reasonably priced and so far so good. And I love Maybelline eye products and the colors are so vibrant so I'm hoping I do not have a reaction to them as my eyes have a tendency to freak out and swell shut with some eye products so we shall see haha

No comments:

Post a Comment