Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Ok so I know it's a few days early but still, I'm excited!  I love Christmas!  Today is our Holiday Potluck at work and so I got to start my baking last night.  I made fudge!  Yummy, my favorite holiday treat!  Thankfully my wonderful hubs went out at the beginning of the week and got all the ingredients for everything I plan on making.  Last night I just did the fudge for today and made a venison brown sugar meatloaf.  It was so yummy!  I've never tried the brown sugar recipe but it was so yummy!  I'll definitely be making it again.  Tomorrow I get to make more fudge, a pumpkin roll and a cookie pie (regular cookie dough placed into a deep dish pizza pan).  I love baking!  


Last night the hubs took me on a drive to see some of the local Christmas lights.  People really do some amazing things with them.  There was one, quite large, house that had tons of lights that were flashing and blinking and the neighbor next door put up a lighted sign that said "Ditto" with an arrow pointing next door to the flashing light house, so hilarious.  That was my favorite haha  I love looking at the Christmas lights.  Would have been a bit better if there was some snow on the ground instead of puddles of water from the excessive rain we've been getting but oh well.  It was still super nice to spend time with the hubs and see all the lights.


Christmas Eve the in-laws have a party with all the extended family.  Lots of food and drinks and fun times.  I think afterwards we might bring the cousins back to our house for a "younger generation" party.  I don't think the older ones would like it very much if we cranked up the music and started dancing around the house.  We are making red and green (cherry and lime) jello shots with rum!  They were a big hit last year.  I'm really looking forward to having our first Christmas in our new house!  We've always traveled back home for Christmas since the hubs was in the Marines and we were stationed down in Jville, NC.  No traveling this time, except to drive to the in-laws, 10 min away, for Christmas dinner.  I'm really looking forward to it!


So, what do you guys do to prepare for the Holidays and what are you favorite parts?

No comments:

Post a Comment