Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mani Pedi Mondays

Who likes Mondays?!  I do not care for them too much because that means I have to pull my butt outta bed at the butt crack of dawn and drive through crazy traffic with inpatient stupid drivers (I mean really people, slow down and stop tailgating, you might prevent an accident!)  Anyways, when the hubs is in school (he's currently on winter break) he has class on Monday nights, so double boo to Mondays.  Well my sister-in-law's boyfriend also has to work on Monday nights, so we decided to make Mondays a lil bit more tolerable that we would have Mani Pedi Mondays.  This involves my SIL coming over after work and us either making dinner of some sort, something like frozen pizza or left overs or takeout, and watching shows, on Netflix until 2 Broke Girls comes on and then it's CBS Monday night shows, while doing our nails.  Now we have started to get a lil bit creative with our nail painting as we progress.  




Konad Nail Art Double Ended Stamper And Scraper
What do these
Set of 25 Nail ART Image Stamp Plates Polish Stamping Mixed Designs Set Kit
plus these
plus this equal?














It equals these....  
       Snowflakes! (Sorry my phone camera sucks, so not the best quality). Yes I painted part of my fingers as well but hey it washes off your finger part within a couple of days and since it's a light color you can't tell too much in person.  Besides, how accurate can you possibly be when you include a nice large glass of wine into the evening.   


So, that's right we started using nail stamps!  It's a bit tricky to figure out how to do but we are progressing and learning how to do them better and better.  Some of the designs that have more details, like the snowflake, are harder to get to come out all the way.  My SIL used a mistletoe last night and that one turned out great!  So if you are bored with just plain old nail polish, try nail stamps!  They last a lot longer than stickers and are much easier than free handing it.  And if you don't like Mondays like me, try adding in a mani pedi day.

No comments:

Post a Comment