Friday, January 6, 2012

Dr. 90210

I watch Netflix a lot, especially since the weather has been crappy, and my newest show, Dr. 90210.  It's kind of fun to see all these people getting plastic surgery.  Some of them you're like oh yea you definitely needed it and then others it was like really.  I mean 17 year olds getting boobs.  But anyways, there was one episode that really stood out to me, a 24-year-old Marine wife, mother of 3, getting a breast augmentation and lipo and a tummy tuck, I believe, before her hubs came home from Iraq (these are older episodes).  It was just a really sweet episode.  The doctor that was doing the surgery was a woman and she said that she could not even imagine being 24, having 3 children at home, and her husband deployed and getting such a major surgery done, how strong she was and how she would not be able to go through that if it was her.  The doctor's statement was just very humbling to me because here you have a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon who is calling this woman, a Marine Wife and Mother, strong.  This was somebody who slices people open on a daily basis, it was funny hearing it come from her and very humbling.  I think a lot of people forget how hard it is on the families of our service members.  It's just not the service member that goes through a deployment, it's the whole family.  It was just a really sweet episode to watch and they showed how much more confidence she had afterwards and they showed his homecoming and it was just really sweet to watch.  He of course seemed to really enjoy her new look.

That episode really surprised me because some of these girls are strippers or are in the "Adult" Industry and then you see someone who is so strong and deserving and it was just really nice to see.  After watching this show I can see why women become strippers, they make a shit ton of money, one of them had 3 houses and was only 23!  That's insane!  Anyways, after watching the show, it has scarred me for life from wanting to have kids haha  They can do some scary things to your body.  And after watching it there are a lot of different ways to have a boob job, I myself would not particularly mind it but I think they did say they had to be replaced like every 10 years.  Who has the money for that?  Can't we just get blow up ones where you hook up a tire pump every few years and re-inflate them?  I mean then you have your own flotation device if you fall overboard, just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment